See for yourself how Quartix works with our fully interactive real-time demo.
Quartix Inc, Customer Notice on GPS Tracking and Privacy
This policy notice concerns customers who are using the Quartix tracking system. If you have any questions about this information, please contact [email protected].
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect data for tracking vehicles, providing services in relation to the tracking of vehicles and communicating with the customer company for whom the vehicle is being tracked. This data includes personal data such as the below:
- Address(es) – home/ work/ other significant addresses
- Telephone number(s)
- Email Address(es)
- Vehicle Location data from GPS with date and time from the tracking unit
- Vehicle ignition state
- Vehicle speed and, heading
- Vehicle acceleration and braking data in 3 dimensions
- Tracking Unit orientation, signal strength and GPS satellites in view data
- Driver tag identification when fitted
- Additional wired input when fitted, such as temperature monitoring, attached device state (tail-lift, pump, spreader, mowing equipment etc…), vehicle door open/closed or vehicle load state.
Data that is not from the tracking device is provided and maintained by the customer company that contracts our services. Vehicle location data is processed to determine an address for the location and may also provide driving style and driving time information for the customer company.
WHAT DO WE USE THE INFORMATION FOR?
We use your information to provide the services for which we have been contracted by the customer company that could be your employer or a company or an organisation to which you are contracted. The customer company is the data controller for whom we are acting as a data processor.
Services provided by Quartix are as detailed on our product pages including:
- Real-Time Vehicle Tracking including display on maps.
- Vehicle Trip logs and reports including display on maps.
- Timesheet reports including mileage, vehicle speeds, driving time, idle time and time on site.
- Driving style data covering acceleration, deceleration and speed in comparison to other vehicles.
- Geofencing and Alerts to highlight activity in particular locations.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Security credentials are required to access the tracking application with feature accessibility by user account determined by the customer company system administrator.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
We may contact you as part of the services we provide to the customer company, this includes sending reports, arranging appointments for installation of the vehicle tracking unit, to discuss issues with the data received from the vehicle tracking unit or to arrange service appointments to investigate issues with the vehicle tracking unit.
DO WE RECORD PHONE CALLS?
Phone calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Disabling/Enabling Cookies – users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however, may mean that some functionality may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html
Quartix also use a number of marketing analytics and email automation cookies. For example, we use Google Analytics to gather information about customer navigation and actions on our websites and using our mobile applications. Google Analytics uses
cookies on your browser to store data about your activity on our sites which is then collected by google and may be analysed to understand for example the usage of our sites features and the navigation through it, we do not attempt to personally identify users in any way although the data may be used through google to target advertisements. You can opt out of allowing analytics to be used from your browser by installing a plug-in from google available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE THIRD PARTIES?
No, we will not pass your contact details to any outside third party. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety. However, non- personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals have a number of rights with regard to the data held about them, in the first instance requests should be made to the Customer company and any requests made directly to Quartix will be referred to the customer company. Requests to Quartix should be made to our support team who can be contacted as detailed at Contact us.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives California residents certain rights, including the ability to request access to, and deletion of the information certain types of companies collect about you. Although we believe it to be exempt, Quartix Inc seeks to comply with the CCPA. The information Quartix collects about you will depend on the interactions which either you or your organisation have with Quartix. Examples of the information that we collect and the Business or Commercial Purposes for the use of this information are given in the “WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR” section.
The categories of personal information we collect are listed below. The categories of information will depend on the interactions which either you or your organisation have with Quartix and therefore only certain categories of information will be collected in each case. Furthermore, not all of these categories will have significant data associated
with them; for clarity, we have highlighted the categories where data is predominantly captured.
Identifiers, protected classifications, commercial (e.g. products or services purchased), biometric (e.g. driving style), internet and network activity (e.g. usage of our website and some details of the network used), geolocation data, certain information from the category of audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information, professional and employment-related information (e.g. your role, your job title), education information, inferences.
Under the CCPA, California residents have the following rights.
- Right to access: the right to request access to certain pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Right to delete: the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you. The CCPA also lists certain exemptions where we will not be required to delete data, such as where we are collecting this data to provide a service or where we have a legal obligation to hold the data.
- Right of disclosure: the right to request disclosure of the categories and sources of personal information, as well as the business and commercial purposes of collecting this information. The “DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE THIRD PARTIES” section sets out the limited circumstances in which we share information with third parties.
- Right to opt-out and opt-in to the sale of personal information: we do not sell, rent or loan any identifiable information regarding our customers (which means here users of Quartix Software and users of our website www.quartix.com) to any third party.
- Right to non-discrimination: the right to request information about any financial incentives which we offer you. We will not discriminate against you in any for exercising this or any other of the aforementioned rights.
In all cases, please call the toll free number 1-855-913-6663 or email [email protected] in order to exercise any of these rights or to ask any questions which you have. We reserve the right to run verification exercises to ensure adequate protection of information and will be unable to release data if requests are not verifiable to our full satisfaction.
The length of time Quartix will retain tracking data can be set through the Quartix web application by an administrative user from the customer company, the maximum retention period is 7 years and the minimum is 1 month. The data is available through the web application for up to 1 year with archive data available by request to the support team at Contact us.
Customers should consider the length of time it is necessary for the tracking data to be retained for their purpose(s) of processing and an administrative user should configure the retention appropriately.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into user account and going to the ‘System Configuration’ page.
Any complaints should be raised with Quartix at the email address above in the first instance.
This policy was last modified on June 11th 2020.