Ensure GDPR Compliance When Tracking Your Fleet
As telematics systems collect and store personal data, GDPR guidelines need to be applied. Learn about the processes you need to follow when handling potentially sensitive data.
Safeguard your employees’ information
- Are you collecting data for a legitimate reason?
- How is the data stored and protected?
- How long are you keeping sensitive data?
- Are you able to demonstrate your GDPR compliance?
Justify your reasons for collecting data by establishing your company’s legitimate interest or by gaining the consent of your drivers.
Know your responsibilities when it comes to protecting data and reporting data breaches in a timely manner.
Understand your employees’ rights to access data that you hold about them, request to erase that data, and to correct any errors.
See how Quartix follows GDPR legislation
- Giving you and your drivers access to personal data with customisable permissions
- Recording changes to vehicle and driver data to create an audit trail
- Safeguarding your data on our systems in accordance with GDPR
Your guide to GDPR compliance
Get a better understanding of how vehicle tracking data falls under the data protection act in order to ensure your company is operating accordingly.