See for yourself how Quartix works with our fully interactive real-time demo.
Free time is something we all want, until we get too much of it.
Whether it’s because of a global emergency or it’s just the off-season for your business, downtime can seem like a double-edged sword. But there are things you can do to make slower periods of work productive. Free time might even be invested well to help prepare your company to better cope in the future when things get busy again.
Here are a few ways investing time in your vehicle tracking system can help you and your business prepare for the future.
Project 1: Review your customer service
It goes without saying that customer service is the key to winning and keeping business, so providing excellent service is usually not an after-thought. But with extra time on your hands, you might have the opportunity to examine how you can make your service even better.
How can your vehicle tracking system benefit both your company and customers?
- Do you use live tracking to keep your customers up to date on delivery/arrival times? Have you set up geofencing to alert your regular customers when your delivery vans are near?
- Are you able to settle billing disputes with data from your drivers’ timesheets? If you are hit with a fraudulent insurance claim, can you use your tracking data to get at the truth?
“We find that our customers’ confidence is enhanced when we share with them that our vehicles are GPS tracked. The information Quartix provides can really help you to build a good customer relationship and enhance trust.”
– Matt O’Conner, John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance
Project 2: Analyse driver performance
The Quartix vehicle tracking system includes detailed driving style reports so that you can see how your vehicles are being driven on a daily basis. Excessive speed, harsh breaking, and severe acceleration can put your vehicles, your drivers and the public at risk, so you want to make sure they are monitored.
When things are busy, you might only have time to identify and correct extreme bad driving behaviours. However, with some downtime, you can dig even further and look at the overall driving performance of your entire fleet.
Quartix makes this process easy by assigning every vehicle or driver a score based on their performance; understanding that score is a good jumping-off point. From there, you can:
- See how your drivers compare to each other with our driving style league table.
- Run a speed analysis report for all your drivers and see who is driving the fastest for longest.
- Look at the driving style trends across your fleet and understand which drivers need the most help.
When you have a complete understanding of how your drivers are performing, you can use your downtime to speak with your employees about the behaviours that you’ve seen or come up with a plan to improve driving styles.
“Our drivers have faith in the Quartix tracking system. The driving style performance data makes sense to them and we’ve seen dramatic improvements in their scores as a result.”
– Karl Davidson, St. Austell Brewery
Project 3: Learn about and improve your usage of new tracking features
With downtime, you can also learn about any new or updated aspects of your vehicle tracking system and ensure that your employees are making the best use of the data you collect from your drivers and vehicles.
There are many useful resources to make sure you are up to date with the Quartix system. Free time is a good excuse to explore features that you might know about but have yet to take full advantage of.
Here we have put together a full list of all available resources – in one place:
Knowledgebase – In depth explanations and how-to’s for all features of the Quartix system.
Quartix webinars are longer training videos and feature discussions. Watch some of the latest on:
- Vehicle telematics: What can it do for your business?
- Enhanced fleet compliance with Quartix and Fleetcheck
- Driving style reports
Guides – Documents on using Quartix across different industries.
- Achieving excellent customer service: The advantage of vehicle tracking
- What is eco-driving and how can it help your business?
- Building the business case for a vehicle tracking system
- The benefits of vehicle tracking for drivers
- 2020 Buyer’s guide to vehicle tracking
- Vehicle tracking for landscapers
- Vehicle tracking for construction companies
- Vehicle tracking for the trades industry
- Legal versus Safe – Redefining speed limits for a safer fleet
- GDPR Compliance for fleet managers
Read our case studies to learn how Quartix customers have used the system to their advantage.
- University of Birmingham
- Garratt Horsebox Hire
- Carter & Faraday Associates
- Apex Lifts
- Guilford Borough Council
- East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership
- St Austell Brewery
- Doug Richmond Computer Services
- Rygor Group Services
- Amberon Limited
- Sunseeker Yachts
- John O’Connor
- Dunster House
- Reynolds Catering Supplies
- Pontoon & Dock
- Whiting Landscape
- Calor Gas
- Beeches Recovery
- Contract Flooring Solutions
- Ford Mainwearing
- Adam Carpets
- Worcester City Council
- National Veterinary Services
- Maiden’s of Telford
- Cartrefi Conwy
- Syncro Fire & Security
- Logistica Facilities Management
- Gledhill Response
- Affordable Window Systems
- Vision Techniques
- Aptus Utilities
- Ellenby Construction Co
- Sheffield Community Transport
- CH4 Gas Utility and Maintenance Services Ltd
Downtime doesn’t have to be time wasted. Small jobs, background projects, and skills training which usually get pushed aside during busy times can get your full attention, to the benefit of your business.